The Antelope Valley Birth Center is the only facility with a water birth suite in the High Desert area.
Women all over the world are world are seeking out water birth options for a safe and satisfying natural birth experience.
The evidence shows that hydrotherapy can :
- Water facilitates mobility and enables the mother to assume any position that is comfortable for labor and birth
- Speeds up labor
- Reduces blood pressure
- Gives mother feelings of control
- Provides significant pain relief
- Promotes relaxation
- Conserves mother’s energy
- Reduces the need for drugs and interventions
- Gives mother a private protected space
- Reduces perineal trauma and eliminates episiotomies
- Reduces cesarean section rates
- Is highly rated by mothers – typically stating they would consider giving birth in water again; some even stating they would never give birth any other way!
- Is highly rated by experienced providers
- Encourages an easier birth for mother and a gentler welcome for baby
To learn more about water birth please visit Water Birth Internationals website, the leader in gathering water birth evidence.
Schedule your free tour of the only water birth suites in the AV.